Mental Illness Fact Sheets
- Mental Illness can affect persons of any age, race, religion or socioeconomic status.
- One in four American adults experiences an episode of mental illness per year.
- Individuals, both diagnosed and undiagnosed, with mental illness are those around us – our neighbors, our friends, family and co-workers.
- Four million children and adolescents in this country suffer from a serious mental disorder that causes significant functional impairments at home, at school and with peers.
- Mental health disorders account for more disability that any other illness, including cancer and heart disease reports the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
NAMI’s fact sheets offer clear, concise information on mental health topics. A few ways to use them include sharing them with a loved one, bringing them to an appointment or handing them out at health fairs. Download the PDFs below.
Fact Sheets in PDF Form for Mental Health Conditions
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder)
OCD (Obsessive-compulsive Disorder)
PTSD (Posttraumatic Stress Disorder)
Fact Sheets in PDF Form for Related Conditions
Major Depressive Disorder with a Seasonal Pattern
Risk of Suicide
Fact Sheets in PDF Form for Treatment & Services
Complementary Health Approaches
ECT and Other Brain Stimulation Therapies
Movement Disorders Checklist
Mental Health Professionals
Additional Fact Sheets
Fact sheets from the AKA-NAMI partnership (focus on African Americans)
Finding a Culturally Competent Provider
What is Early and First-Episode Psychosis?
Early Psychosis: What’s Going On and What Can You Do?
Encouraging People to Seek Help for Early Psychosis
Early Intervention: Tips for School Staff and Coaches
Fact Sheets in PDF Form En Español
La Salud Mental Nos Afecta a Todos
La Salud Mental
La Competencia Cultural
Como Ayudar a Un Ser Querido
Como Puedes Ayudarte
Plan en Caso de Crisis
Mitos y Verdades Sobre el Suicidioy Preguntas que le Puedes Hacer a tu ser Querido
Trastornos de Ansiedad
Trastorno Límite de la Personalidad
Trastorno Por Estrés Postraumático
Trastorno Obsesivo Compulsivo
El Riesgo De Suicidio